Game Day

0 Comments

As an athlete you prep for weeks before your big game so that when it comes down to the actual day your ready.
You train your body and exercise and get the needed sleep. You eat a special diet and you push your body past its regular state to accomplish big goals.
I think this is why a loss is so incredibly difficult.

I feel like I've been training for almost three years for today.  I've pushed myself to the brink...I've given up foods with seeds, strings, peels and so on and so forth. I've trained myself on my ostomy and on living a different life style. I'm ready...

So as I wait for this much anticipated call to tell me to come in to have my surgery today I can't help but be nervous.
I've been prepped on the game plays.  I've known the details of my surgery for a year. I know what my surgeon wants to do and how if its not successful two other ways we can go about getting a touchdown.

When you have to wait for  something; like truly wait for something; whether it be test results or to have a baby or to have a life altering surgery... It gives you perspective and teaches you gratitude.. It shows you that what your waiting for is important and that it is a priority. It shows others around you what you value and it gives the opportunity to allow others walking similar battles to come beside you and hold your hand and lift you up and encourage you.

I am so thankful that I've been given an AMAZING support circle and many prayer warriors.

Don't do it alone. Find someone, a friend, a family member, someone who can come beside you and be an encouragement to you. It's okay to be vulnerable... I've learned that the more I hide my journey, the lonelier I become. Ever since my first surgery in April... I have had freedom. Not everyone wants to hear or talk about personal issues...find those people who will listen. The amount of times I've heard I'm walking through something hard too is unreal when you get out of your comfort zone and just open up about your journey. I don't go into full detail with people unless they ask me questions and want to know more.

Trust that God is up to something and working it all out for your good. Sometimes it takes a LONG time... Sometimes it happens immediately... But trust in the Lord.
Proverbs 3:5 says to trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding... Sometimes what we want and think is best for our lives isn't what God has in store. He has something so much better.

Lean on his word. He tells us if we delight ourselves in the Lord... he gives us the desires of our hearts Proverbs 37:4....

And crazy enough as I'm writing this I just got my call to come in....

Its Game Time Y'all! I'll post on the other side.



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.